SLOW COOKER CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
It was, of course, 67 degrees F out.
For us, that’s cold.
That’s sweater weather.
And chicken noodle soup weather.
My favorite bit about this though?
The broken spaghetti noodles.
Now you can really use any kind of pasta to your liking.
But for me.
Traditional chicken noodle soup must have spaghetti.
I don’t know what it is.
But spaghetti just makes it that much better.
YIELD: 10 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 8 HOURS 30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 8 HOURS 45 MINUTES
Made right in the crockpot! So hearty, comforting and soothing. Perfect during the cold weather or fighting off a cold!
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken into thirds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Place chicken into a 6-qt slow cooker.
- Stir in chicken stock, garlic, onion, carrots, celery, thyme, rosemary and bay leaves; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred, using two forks.
- Stir pasta and chicken into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for an additional 30-40 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Serve immediately.