ONE POT CHICKEN AND DIRTY RICE
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Tbsp enough olive oil to make a paste about 1
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
REST OF DISH:
- 1 link of andouille sausage sliced into 1/4" slices
- 4 bone-in skin on chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup DRY long-grain rice
- 2 1/4 cup chicken stock or broth
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced green onions for garnish
- Minced fresh parsley for garnish
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add chicken thighs and turn to coat. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add drizzle of olive oil to dutch oven and heat over MED-HIGH heat. Brown andouille sausage on both sides, then transfer sausage to a plate.
- Add chicken thighs, skin side down, and sear for 2-3 minutes per side, to develop a nice crispy skin.
- Transfer chicken to plate with the sausage, and use a paper towel to wipe out any black bits from the pan. Brown bits and pan drippings are good to leave in though.
- Lower heat to MED-LOW and add in chopped onion, jalapeno and celery. Saute for about 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Add cayenne, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper and stir.
- Add rice and chicken stock, give it a stir, and let simmer for 1 minute.
- Nestle chicken thighs and sausage on top of the rice (pour in the juices that are left on the plate as well). Return to a simmer, then cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes (covered).
- Remove cover and bake another 10-15 minutes, until liquid is absorbed into the rice.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and minced parsley!