6-Minute Small Batch Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- Dash of vanilla or bourbon (or Madagascar bourbon vanilla!), optional
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together butter, brown sugar, heavy whipping cream, and salt.
- Bring to a boil (should take about 1 minute), then reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Whisk in vanilla or bourbon if using, stir, then remove from heat.
- Pour caramel into a heatproof jar. Allow it to cool a few minutes before using.