So… you may have noticed I’m cooking a lot of recipes these days that are low carb and gluten free. Well, lemme tell you, there’s a reason. ...'
cooking a lot of recipes these days that are low carb and gluten free. Well, lemme tell you, there's a reason. The minute I turned forty last year the pounds started packing on.
I'm a big gal. And that's fine. I came to terms with the fact I ain't ever going to be a size two 15 years ago. But even us big girls have a range we like to stay in. And I stepped way out of that range this past year so I'm trying to get back in it again.
And you know what's working for me? I'm trying to just eat meat and vegetables. I have dairy too and some nuts here and there if I get snacky but for the most part, it's just meat and vegetables for me. No flour, sugar, rice, potatoes, pasta or bread.
And it's working! I've lost 12 pounds in the last three weeks and I haven't been hungry once. I guess it helps that I really, really, honest to God, do love vegetables :o)
On Sundays I cook up whole batches of yummy vegetables and soups & stews like these to eat off of during the week. And you know what? I look forward to meal time!
Egg Roll Stir-Fry
- 1 pound ground beef or pork
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 3 carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Cook and crumble ground meat with onions in a very large skillet until meat is cooked through. Do not drain. You'll need to select a skillet large enough to contain all the cabbage - divide everything evenly into two skillets if necessary.
- While meat and onions are cooking cut
cabbage into thin shreds; set aside. /cut mine in half lengthwise, set
the cut side flat on the cutting board then thinly sliced the cabbage
feel carrots with a vegetable peeler then either dice small or use the peeler to shave off thin slices; set aside.
Combine garlic, ginger, pepper, sesame oil, vegetable oil and soy sauce in a small bowl and stir to combine; set aside.
- Add cabbage and carrots to ground meat then cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Add soy sauce mixture then stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for 5-10 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Recipe makes approximately 4-6 servings.