Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
5 hours 10 mins
5 hours 20 mins
Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings. Juicy chicken breasts cook to tender perfection in the slow cooker in a rich creamy sauce. Shortcut dumplings make this delicious comforting meal effortless.
Author: Holly N.
Serves: 4 servings
- Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning1 can (10.5 oz) cream of celery soup
- 1 can (10.5 oz) cream of chicken soup
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cups frozen vegetables or peas and carrots, defrosted
- 1 can (8 pieces) refrigerated biscuits
- Add onion to 6 qt crock pot and top with chicken breasts.
- In a small bowl, combine cream of celery soup, cream of chicken soup, parsley, poultry seasoning and pepper. Spread over chicken breasts. Top with chicken broth and cook on high 5 hours.
- Approximately 1 hour (I allow 60 - 90 minutes) before serving, roll each biscuit thin and flat. Cut into 4 strips. Add vegetables and biscuit strips to the slow cooker and stir.
- To Serve
- Remove chicken breasts and slightly shred. Add back into slow cooker and stir (this will break up the dumplings somewhat which is ok). Let cook an additional 10 minutes and serve.
Note: My biscuits were perfectly cooked after 60 minutes however some slow cookers have required extra time to cook the biscuits.