Rainbow Pinwheel Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert, Cookies
Serves: 16 cookies
- 1 16.5 oz roll refrigerated Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- rainbow colored sugar⅓ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Knead flour and sugar cookie dough together until well combined.
- Generously sprinkle cutting board with additional flour and roll out sugar cookie dough into a rectangle approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Sprinkle colored sugar in stripes across dough. (Refer to picture.)
- Gently roll into a log. Just like cinnamon rolls.
- Slice dough ½ inch thick and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Gently press cookies with the palm of your hand, flattening slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes on cooking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.