Avocado Black Bean Quesadillas
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup black beans, drained
- ½ onion, sliced
- ½ bell pepper, sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled, halved, seeded and sliced
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4 medium soft flour tortillas
- 1 cup light Mexican, Cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 1 lime, cut in half
- oil or cooking spray for grilling
- In a medium pan over medium-high heat, saute onion and bell pepper in 1 tablespoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the black beans and taco seasoning. Cook for another minute. Transfer mixture into a small bowl and set aside.
- Rinse and wipe down pan and return to heat. Drizzle with a light layer of oil or spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, lightly mash the avocados with a fork. Stir in cilantro and juice of ½ lime, season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread a quarter of mashed avocado onto half of a tortilla. Top with bean mixture and ¼th cup of cheese. Fold the tortilla closed over the veggies. Repeat until all tortillas are filled and all fillings are used.
- Cook on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes per side or until the outside is crispy and cheese has fully melted. Serve with your favorite salsa or sour-cream, Enjoy!
Full Recipe : http://gimmedelicious.com/2017/01/03/avocado-veggie-quesadillas/