Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
TOTAL TIME: 20 mins
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Gluten Free and Vegan
- 2 Tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 3 Tablespoons organic canola oil
- 1 overripe banana
- 1½ cups King Arthur Gluten Free Baking Mix
- vegan buttery spread for frying
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used SO Delicious unsweetened coconut milk)
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Place the overripe banana in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the sugar and oil and stir well. Add the gluten free baking mix and non-dairy milk. Stir well.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir again.
- Place 1½ tablespoons of vegan buttery spread in a frying pan and heat over medium heat. Once the butter is sizzling, spoon the pancakes into the pan.
- Reduce heat just slightly, and cook until you see that the edges of the pancake are done. These take a while to cook, it might be about 3-5 minutes before it's time to flip them!
- Continue to cook on the other side until cooked through and golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with vegan butter spread and maple syrup.