Prep time: 30 mins Total time: 30 mins
Skill Level: Easy
Serving: 12 side servings (2 whole tomatoes per person)
- 28 oz ketchup
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 6 lbs firm roma tomatoes
- 1 liter water
- ⅓ bunch Parsley
- ⅓ bunch Cilantro
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 small bunch Dill
- 8-10 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped (not pressed)
- Boil a large pot of water. Rinse tomatoes and place them in a large pot or bowl. Pour boiling water over tomatoes, place a plate over the top to submerge them in water and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Drain tomatoes, reserving 1 liter of water and set water aside to cool. Use a small
- paring knife to remove skins. Quarter tomatoes and place into a deep bowl.
- Use reserved 1 liter of warm (not hot) water and stir in: 28 oz ketchup, 2 Tbsp kosher salt, 2 Tbsp sugar, chopped dill, parsley, cilantro, and garlic.
- Pour over tomatoes making sure tomatoes are completely covered with liquid. Jiggle the bowl to distribute sauce but avoid stirring so tomatoes stay firm. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.