BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 brown-spotted bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- Preheat an electric griddle to 350°F, if using one. If not, you’ll preheat your pan just before cooking the pancakes.
- Whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk milk, egg, oil, and vanilla in a large measuring cup. Add wet ingredients to dry, add bananas, and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. (1/2 cup will be very chocolatey, so add how many you want depending on how sweet you want the pancakes to be.)
- Spray pan or griddle with cooking spray. Drop desired amount of pancake batter onto preheated griddle or pan. Cook until small bubbles form then flip until the bottom is a light golden brown.
- Serve plain or with maple syrup.