|OLIVE GARDEN CHICKEN GNOCCHI SOUP|
Prep Time10 min
Cook Time30 min
Total Time40 min
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 package (16 ounces) mini potato gnocchi
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- In large dutch oven or stock pot, melt butter and olive oil together.
- Add your onions, carrots and garlic and cook until onions become translucent.
- Whisk in your flour and let cook for a minute, slowly stir in your chicken broth and simmer until it starts to thicken up.
- Meanwhile in pan cook your gnocchi according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Add your milk to your veggie and chicken broth mix and bring to a boil, stir in your seasonings.
- Once at a boil reduce heat and add your gnocchi, spinach and chicken simmering until heated through and thickened.
You can add celery to this recipe if desired, juts add about 1 cup chopped.
If your soup is too thin for your liking add 1Tbs cornstarch mixed with 1Tbs cold water and stir into your soup until thickened.