Easy Balsamic Chicken and Veggies made on 1 pan!
Calories: 591 kcal
- 1.25 pounds chicken tenders or breasts
2 heads broccoli
- 2/3 cup basalmic vinegar
2/3 cup zesty Italian dressing fat free is great
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- Optional: fresh parsley, salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large tray with nonstick spray (line with parchment paper if you tray isn't already nonstick or the balsamic + Italian mixture will stick to it) and set aside.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar and zesty Italian dressing.
- Trim the tenderloins of fat and undesired parts. Alternatively cut the breasts into small 1/4th-1/2th inch thick pieces (resemble the size of the tenders in the picture/video)
- Place 1/3 cup of the balsamic + Italian mixture in a large bag and add the chicken tenders. Coat and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 6 hours.
- Chop the broccoli into small pieces. Slice the baby carrots in half.
- Place broccoli + carrots on the prepared tray with the cherry tomatoes (like your tomatoes LESS roasted? Toss in after 5-10 minutes of the broccoli and carrots being cooked. Otherwise they are ultra tender!), Italian seasoning, olive oil, garlic powder, and add some seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast the veggies for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip around. Section the veggies to each side of the tray (see video) and place the chicken tenders (discard marinade) in the center. Brush 1/3 cup of the balsamic + Italian mixture over the chicken.
- Return to the oven and cook for another 7-15 minutes depending on the size of your chicken. Be careful to monitor the chicken so you don't overcook it.**The cooking time will largely vary based on the size of your chicken. See the last paragraph of text for more direction on how to cook this meal so everything is done at the same time.**
- Serve the chicken and veggies with the remaining Balsamic + Italian mixture. Top with freshly chopped parsley if desired.
- Great served over rice or quinoa!
Total time does not include marinating time.