|SLOW COOKER HAWAIIAN CHICKEN|
This Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken is sweet and smoky and slow cooked to perfection. It makes a great sandwich, and is perfect for family dinners, parties, game day, or anytime you're looking for something super easy & incredibly delicious!
* 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* ¼ c. flour
* 2 c. pineapple juice
* 1 c. chopped onion
* 2 Tbsp. butter
* 1 c. brown sugar
* ¾ c. ketchup
* ½ tsp. onion powder
* 1½ tsp. worcestershire sauce
* 1 tsp. salt
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* ½ tsp. pepper
* ½ tsp. ginger
- Combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic, worcestershire sauce, and spices in a large measuring cup or mixing bowl. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated, then set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion and saute until onion begins to brown.
- Stir in ¼ c. flour.
- Pour pineapple juice mixture into skillet and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Sauce will begin to thicken.
- Place chicken in slow cooker and cover with sauce.
- Cook on low heat approx. 8 hours.