CARAMEL CASHEW CLUSTERS
Serving Size: 1 cluster
- 2 (1 lb) bars of good quality chocolate (I used Hershey's bars)
- 1 heaping cup Planter's cashews
- 2 cups soft caramels, unwrapped (I used my homemade caramels)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Place piles of about 6-7 cashews all around the pan.
- Place unwrapped caramels in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until caramel is melted. Pour a small spoonful of caramel over each cashew pile, making sure some of the caramel touches all of the cashews so they will stick together. Place the pan in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to harden the caramel.
- Meanwhile, break the chocolate bars into pieces and add to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove the baking sheet from the fridge and use a spoon to coat each cluster in chocolate. Allow excess chocolate to drip off and place back on the baking sheet. Refrigerate for a few more minutes for the chocolate to set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge.
Notes: Makes about 12-15 clusters