Taco Soup + Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe
CourseCrock Pot, Main Dish, Seasoning Mixes, Slow Cooker, Soup/Stew
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 lb ground meat (turkey, beef, venison)
- 1 onion, diced
- 15 oz can of beans, undrained I used an organic Tri-Bean Blend (kidney, black, and pinto beans) from Wal-Mart
- 2 cups frozen corn or 15 oz can
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning or 1 packet
- 2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp homemade ranch seasoning or 1 packet (RECIPE HERE)
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, brown the meat. Add in remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes. Taste. Add more seasoning such as chili or cayanne powder, salt, or pepper if needed. I've been known to stir in a generous drip of Frank's Hot Sauce to kick it up a notch!
- Top with plain Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, avocado, or lime wedges!
- Recipe Notes
- This soup is quite thick, feel free to add in more water or beef stock to "stretch" the meal further!
Crock-pot variation: Place all ingredients including browned meat in crock-pot and cook on low for 6 hours.