- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix (Bisquick, for example)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (I used creamy, but I bet chunky would be great too!)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 bag (12 ounce) M&Ms (I used regular--but now I'm thinking peanut butter M&Ms would be W-O-W)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Combine peanut butter and eggs until well mixed and smooth.
- Add in brown sugar and stir until combined.
- Stir in baking mix until moistened (I used my hands because the spoon wasn't cutting it for me--it is a very thick batter).
- Fold in M&Ms. Again, using my hands worked best for this step. Not all of the M&Ms stuck in the batter (or perhaps it would be more accurate to call it dough). I just shoved them in when I put it all in the pan.
- Spread mixture in greased pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
Verdict: I think I covered this already, but if you weren’t listening–these peanut butter bars are delicious! VERY sweet though, in all seriousness, they are best in moderation.
Husband’s take: He didn’t have any. He’s not the biggest fan of peanut butter desserts. Crazzzzzy. I’m quite sure he was silently cursing me for not making his favorite treat.
1-year-old daughter’s take: None of these for her! Sorry kiddo. Now, before you start thinking that I ate the whole pan–I brought these to the kid’s birthday party to share with family and friends.
Changes I would make: None!
Difficulty: Five ingredients folks. Should we review the math lesson? This recipe is EASY!