Gooey and buttery on the inside - crispy and set on the outside - Nutella stuffed magical deep dish skillet chocolate-chip-cookie will have you weak at the knees begging for more!
Weight Watchers: 4pp per slice (from 16 slices)
Author: Karina - Cafe Delites
Serves: 16 slices
* ½ cup light butter (or your spread of choice), softened
* ½ cup light brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 cup flour (light spelt)
* ⅓ cup natural sweetener (or your sugar of choice: white, coconut, raw, castor, etc)
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* ½ cup dark/semi-sweet chocolate chips
* ⅓ cup nutella, melted (or this Refined Sugar-Free Nutella Spread!)
* ½ teaspoon baking soda
* ⅓ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 175c | 350° F. Line a 9" cast iron skillet (or pie dish) with baking/parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sweetener/sugar and vanilla, and whisk until light and creamy. Add the egg and whisk again until combined. Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and mix the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Fold in half the chocolate chips and spoon ½ the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Melt the nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds OR over stove top in a heat-proof dish over a pot of boiling water until it becomes thinner in consistency.
- Pour the nutella over the cookie dough in the skillet evenly to 1-inch of the edges. Top with remaining cookie dough, smoothing the layer with the back of a metal spoon (and your fingers if you need to). Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes for a gooey cookie, or cover after 30 minutes with aluminium foil and bake for a further 10 minutes for a 'set' cookie. Cool for about 10 minutes before serving.