|CROCK POT CHEESY POTATO SOUP|
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 6 large peeled, Yukon Gold potatoes cut in 1/2 -inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup cold milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 cups cups chicken broth
- 1 pound Velveeta Cheese, cut into chunks
- ½ cup heavy cream or half and half
- Bacon, fried and crumbled, optional
- green onions, optional
- Add the potatoes, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and the chicken broth to a 4 quart or larger crock pot, stir and cook on high for about 3 ½ hours OR about 6 hours on low.
- Whisk the 3 tablespoons of flour into the 1 cup of cold milk until smooth. Stir the flour mixture into the potatoes, add the ½ cup heavy cream, stir then cover and cook for another 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add the chunks of cheese and allow to melt. Garnish with bacon and green onions.
Note: This recipe calls for 4-6 cups of chicken broth. This really depends on if you like a very thick soup or a slightly thinner soup. Adjust this to fit your preference! I like mine closer to 6 cups.