- Heat a large, oven proof pan or skillet over medium high heat. Sear the chicken, skin-side down first, until skin is crisp and golden brown. Rotate and sear the other side (about 2-3 minutes per side).
- Transfer to oven and roast until completely cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
- Once chicken is done, remove from skillet; set aside. Pour out HALF of the chicken juices left in the pan.
- Using the same skillet the chicken was in, fry the garlic in the reserved chicken juices over medium heat, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the bacon and fry until just beginning to crisp. Add in the mushrooms and cook until mushrooms begin to soften.
- Pour in the cream OR milk, chicken broth and Parmesan; allow to simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. SEE NOTES if using milk INSTEAD of cream option)
- Season with pepper. Taste first before adding in any extra salt, as the bacon will add the salt.
- Add the chicken back into the pan; allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes in the cream to take on the flavours.
- Garnish with parsley and shaved or grated parmesan, if desired. Serve over rice, pasta, or steamed/grilled vegetables.
*If using cream, half and half, thickened cream, heavy cream, or light or reduced fat cooking cream are all fine to use. If you prefer a thicker sauce, whisk together 1 level teaspoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon milk until lump free and well blended. Add the mixture into the cream sauce, while stirring continuously, until thickened.
*If using milk, skim, low fat, full fat, almond, or cashew, etc are fine to use, to reduce calories. Add in the milk; bring to a simmer; whisk 2 teaspoons of cornstarch into 1-2 tablespoons of *extra* milk; pour cornstarch mixture into the centre of the pan; stir continuously until the milk thickens and becomes a 'cream'.
Besides that we also provide various recipes such as, recipes for chicken, recipes for dinner, recipes for desserts, easy recipe, recipes for lunch, all recipes, recipes for breakfast, easy recipes for kids, easy dinner recipes for family, easy dinner recipes for beginners, easy dinner recipes indian, easy dinner recipes for kids, easy dinner ideas for two, dinner ideas for tonight, easy healthy dinner ideas, best dinner recipes of all time, easy dinner recipes, indian dinner recipes, dinner ideas for two, healthy dinner recipes, easy dinner recipes for two for beginners, easy dinner recipes for family, dinner ideas for tonight.
Nutrition facts are calculated based on skin-on, bone in thighs, and reduced fat cream.