|Outback Bloomin’ Onion Petals|
- Wet batter
- 1 medium egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup milk
1 tsp salt
3-4 small onions
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 4-6 cups vegetable oil , or other frying oil
- Mix all your wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix all your dry ingredients in a small shallow bowl.
- Slice the ends off your onions, then cut them in half. Slice the onions into 1 inch petals and set aside.
- In a large frying pot, add oil and heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until hot and lightly rippling.
- To coat your onions, dip into the wet batter, then the dry batter, then back into the wet, and dry again. set aside and repeat for all petals.
- Drop them into the hot oil and let them fry for 3-4 minutes, then carefully turn them over if needed. Remove from oil and place onto a paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat for all the onions.
- Serve immediately with Bloom Sauce.