|Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas|
YIELD: 8 servings
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- 8 flour tortillas 6-8 inch size3 bell peppers red, yellow, green
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 1 tsp garlic powder or minced garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Garnishes - optional
- 6 lime wedges
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- sour cream or salsa or pico de gallo
- Preheat oven to 400°F and set an oven rack in the top third of your oven. Set aside a large baking sheet.
- Place chicken breasts onto a cutting board, and cut into 2-3-inch strips using a sharp knife. Set aside.
- Then cut onions and peppers into 3-4 inch pieces.
- Place peppers, onions and chicken onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle on cumin, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle oil across the pan, and use tongs or two spoons to toss the ingredients to coat evenly. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and use tongs to slide the ingredients one quarter of the way over.
- Mop up excess juices with a paper towel, and then add the tortillas to the pan. Return to the oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and squeeze an optional fresh lime onto the pan. Garnish with cilantro and condiments. Serve hot and enjoy!