Cook Time50 min
- 4 - Honeycrisp apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 tblsp butter
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- creamy caramel sauce (optional)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Slice approximately 1/3 off of the top of the apples and scoop out the core, leaving a well in the center.
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, cranberries and walnuts (using a spoon or fork) until blended.
- Stuff each apple with 1/4 of brown sugar mixture.
- Place apples in a deep baking dish, topping each apple with 1 tblsp butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Pour about 1/2" of water into the baking pan, around the apples, and bake for 50 - 60 minutes, until apples are tender.
- Serve warm, topped with caramel sauce drizzled on top of each apple, if desired.
- Also excellent served with vanilla or butter pecan ice cream.
Keep an eye on the water level when baking. Add more water, if needed, to prevent the apples from drying out.