Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours 10 minutes
Servings 6 servings
Calories 541 kcal
- 3 yellow onions about 2 pounds, chopped
- 3 pounds beef stew meat cut into 1-2 inch chunks
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 10 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- egg noodles cooked
- parsley chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. I used a 6 quart dutch oven.
- Add onions, garlic, salt, and pepper to the pot. Cook until the onions soften, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Coat the beef chunks in a mixture of paprika and cayenne, and add to the pot. Cook until the beef browns, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add stock and tomato paste to the pot, and stir. Cover with a lid and let simmer until the meat is very tender, about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with egg noodles and garnish with parsley.
|HUNGARIAN BEEF GOULASH|