- 3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 can Evaporated Milk (6 oz)
- 1 stick Butter
- i/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/3 cup Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Use butter and grease inside of 8×8″ baking dish or line with parchment paper.
- Mix pumpkin, spice, sugar, corn syrup and evaporated milk in large pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Mixture will begin boiling. If it boils too close to top, reduce heat slightly.
- Continue cooking until mixture reaches soft ball stage (235-245 degrees). You can test for this by seeing the syrup forms a ball while in the cold water, but flattens once removed from the water.
- When it reaches this stage, remove from heat.
- Add remainder of butter and stir until mixture start to lose its’ sheen.
- Then pour into prepared baking dish and allow to cool.