- 1TB canola or vegetable oil
- 1 c. half and half
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 1 lb yellow american cheese, sliced from the deli counter
- handful of chopped fresh cilantro (about 10-15 sprigs)
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add the onion and jalapeno and saute until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Pour in the half and half and reduce the heat to medium-low. Tear your cheese slices into smaller portions and gradually add them to the pot, stirring constantly. Do not add more cheese until the previous slices have already mostly melted and combined. Add more half and half to achieve your desired consistency. I prefer mine a little thicker.
- Finish with the cilantro and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh pico de gallo (optional)