Love quick and easy dinner recipes? This one is for you! This Easy Cashew Chicken takes less than 30 minutes to make and is way better than takeout! Add it to your menu this week!
Author: Trish - Mom On Timeout
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 4 servings
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
1½ tbsp vegetable oil
½ tsp chili garlic sauce
3 tbsp chicken broth or water
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 6 green onions, diced
- 1½ lb boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup unsalted, roasted cashews
- cooked white rice
- Whisk together hoisin sauce, chili garlic sauce, and chicken broth in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Transfer chicken to a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle corn starch on top of chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large non stick pan, or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken, stirring often, until golden brown and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook for another 3 or 5 minutes, stirring often, until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute or so.
- Add rice vinegar and stir. Cook for another minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the hoisin mixture. Stir to combine and cook for another few minutes to warm through. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cashews and green onions. Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
Recipe slightly adapted from Good Fast Eats