Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
A make-ahead Chicken Parmesan Casserole is an easy weeknight meal, perfect for just about any occasion. Just pull it out of the freezer, pop it in your oven, and the aroma of comfort food will begin to fill your home.
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 1 jar (28 oz) of marinara sauce1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (parsley, basil, oregano, etc.), chopped
- Order Ingredients Powered by Chicory
- Season chicken breast with garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a medium pan, cook chicken on each side for 6-7 minutes per side, until is cooked through.
- Remove from pan and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 9x13 dish with cooking spray.
- Layer the chopped chicken in the bottom. Pour in the marinara sauce and mix with the chicken.
- Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese, until all the chicken/marinara mixture is covered.
- In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, olive oil and fresh herbs together.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the cheese layer.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden on top and bubbling on the sides.
- Sprinkle freshly chopped herbs before serving if desired.
* If you want to make this ahead, just put casserole together, and freeze it before baking
when you ready to prepare it, thaw completely before baking.