Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Author Chrissie (thebusybaker.ca)
For the crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
For the cheesecake:
- 1 small box orange Jello (the 4-serving box, 85 grams)
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 900 grams cream cheese (approximately 32 ounces)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- zest of one large orange
- 2 cups whipped cream
- orange zest
- whipped cream
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter in a bowl and press them into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Chill the crust in the freezer until ready to use.
- Add the orange Jello powder to the boiling water and stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Whip the cream cheese and the powdered sugar until well combined.
- Add the Jello mixture to the cream cheese mixture slowly, mixing continuously until everything is incorporated.
- Gently fold in the orange zest and the whipped cream with a rubber spatula until combined and pour the mixture into the chilled graham cracker crust.
- Chill the cheesecake overnight to set and serve with some additional whipped cream and citrus zest for garnish.
To help the cheesecake set a little more quickly, add it to the freezer for the first 2 hours of chilling, then remove it to the fridge for an additional 12-18 hours until set.
Full Recipe Source: http://thebusybaker.ca/no-bake-orange-creamsicle-cheesecake/