Cook Time: 8 minutes
Yield: 36 cookies
Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookies
These easy soft Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookies are a delicious treat to add to your holiday cookie trays. The hidden cherry is a fun surprise to find.
- 1 Pillsbury Purely Simple white cake mix
- 8 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 - 10 ounce jars maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together the cake mix, butter, and egg until soft dough forms. Add the cream cheese and beat again until mixed in.
- Drain the jars of cherries. Set aside 36 cherries. Dice the remaining cherries and pat dry again.
- Stir the diced cherries and mini chocolate chips into the cookie dough very gently. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. Roll into 36 even dough balls. Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove and let the cookies cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes before moving carefully to wax paper on the counter. Press the remaining cherries into the tops of the cookies. Let cool completely.
- Place the chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds. Stir and heat again for another 30 seconds. Stir until melted and creamy. Cover the tops of the cookies with the melted chocolate. Let set. Store in a sealed container.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Brucie Fabre