PREP TIME: 10 MINS COOK TIME: 10 MINS TOTAL TIME: 20 MINS
4 6-8 OUNCE SALMON FILETS, SKIN REMOVED
2 TABLESPOONS OLIVE OIL
SALT AND PEPPER, TO TASTE
FRESH MINCED BASIL, FOR GARNISH
LEMON WEDGES, FOR SERVING
CREAMY AVOCADO SAUCE:
- 1 RIPE AVOCADO, HALVED, SEEDED AND PEELED
- ¼ CUP FRESH BASIL LEAVES
- 1 CLOVE GARLIC
- 1 TABLESPOON FRESHLY SQUEEZED LEMON JUICE (HALF A LEMON)
- ¼ CUP OLIVE OIL
- ¼ LIGHT CREAM OR HALF AND HALF
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
- Combine creamy avocado sauce ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth and creamy, set aside.
- Season salmon filets with salt and pepper on both sides. Coat the bottom of a skillet with olive oil, over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add salmon filets and sear for 5-6 minutes. Flip and sear for 5-6 additional minutes.
- Transfer salmon filets to a plate and top with creamy avocado sauce. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve immediately with a lemon wedge.
If sauce is too thick you can add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Brucie Fabre