These Instant Pot Barbecue Ribs are sticky, saucy, savory, sweet, and sooo tender. Fall-off-the-bone tender. They are done in 30 minutes, with just 5 ingredients.
Course: Main Course
Servings: 4 servings of 4 ribs
Calories: 763 kcal
Author: Mommy's Home Cooking
- 1 racks baby back ribs
- 4 tablespoons barbecue meat rub (your favorite brand)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke (optional but recommended) (see notes)
- 1 ½ cup barbecue sauce (your favorite brand)
- Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs.
- Rub the ribs with the meat rub. Be generous.
- Place the baby back ribs into the Instant Pot. Add vegetable broth, apple juice, and liquid smoke (if using). Close lid and set to cook on “manual” mode 20 minutes. When the time is over, turn it off and let the pressure release on its own, this will take about 8-10 minutes. Carefully turn the vent to “Venting,” just to release any extra pressure that might still be in there. Then remove the lid.
- Preheat oven broil.
- Transfer cooked ribs to a large baking sheet. Brush barbecue sauce all over the baby back ribs on all sides including the bones. Broil for 5 – 8 minutes, or until the sauce caramelizes.
Adjust the Instant Pot cooking time according to your preference: 15 minutes for tender with a bit of chew, to 25 minutes for fall off the bone.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Brucie Fabre