This super creamy blueberry avocado smoothie is packed with protein, healthy fats, vitamins and antioxidants. Gluten-free and easily made vegan, it makes a healthy and delicious breakfast or snack.
Prep time : 5 mins
Total time : 5 mins
Author: Amanda @ Running with Spoons
Yields: 1 serving
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup (110 g) plain yogurt*
- 1 cup (30 g) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup (70 g) frozen blueberries
- 1/2 ripe avocado (~50 g)
- 2 - 3 tsp (10 - 15 ml) maple syrup**
- Place all ingredients into any standard blender in the order listed and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass, top with any additional toppings of choice, and enjoy immediately.
* To make this smoothie vegan, use a non-dairy plant based yogurt like soy or coconut. You can also use a vanilla or blueberry yogurt to add more flavour.
** You can also use honey, agave, or whatever liquid sweetener you have on hand. If the smoothie isn't sweet enough for you, simply adjust to taste.
Source : http://www.runningwithspoons.com/2017/03/01/blueberry-avocado-smoothie/