Brownie Bottomed Cheesecake – the most outrageous and glorious cheesecake we make! Rich brownie base, topped with a traditional New York Cheesecake – vegan and gluten free.
Author: Kristina Sloggett
Recipe type: dessert, cheesecake
Serves: one 9 inch cheesecake
dairy, egg, and gluten free, vegan
- 1 batch brownies
- 3 packages vegan cream cheese (8 oz Tofutti), room temperature
- ½ cup vegan sour cream (Tofutti)
- ½ cup vegan sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground flaxseed
- juice of 1/ lemon (2-3 tablespoons)
- Prepare brownie batter and pour into prepared (greased, foil wrapped) 9 inch spring-form pan.
- Smooth into even layer, spreading up the sides for a higher crust edge if desired. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, remove to cool.
- In mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, flaxseed, and lemon juice - fold until just incorporated.
- Pour over cooled brownie crust, smooth into an even layer, bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes. Once firm and set, turn oven off, open door and leave cheesecake inside.
- Cool completely, cover and refrigerate, preferably overnight.
Source : https://www.spabettie.com/2012/10/11/brownie-bottomed-cheesecake/