Yield: serves 3-4
This Buffalo Chickpea Pizza is a gluten free and vegetarian alternative to an all-time favorite pizza! The hot sauce-hummus sauce is not to be missed! Vegan option included.
- 1 batch pizza dough (I used half of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix, but you'll just need enough dough for 1 12-inch pizza)
- 1/2 cup plain hummus
- 3-4 Tbsp. hot sauce (I used Franks)
- salt + pepper
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1+ cup mozzarella or vegan mozzarella
- 2-3 Tbsp. parsley, minced for topping
- Prepare your pizza dough according to package instructions. Par cook your crust if needed.
- Mix hummus, 3 Tbsp. hot sauce, and salt and pepper (if needed) until smooth. Taste, and add the additional Tbsp. hot sauce if you want it spicier. Set aside.
- Add chickpeas to a small bowl. Cover with olive oil, salt, pepper, and cayenne, and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Spread hummus-hot sauce mixture on your crust. Top with chickpeas and cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and crust is done. Top with parsley and additional hot sauce if desired.
Source : https://www.fooduzzi.com/2016/11/buffalo-chickpea-pizza/