yield: 12-14 SLICES
- 2 ¼ cups (302g) graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup (112g) salted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp (39g) sugar
- 20 ounces (566g) Galbani Ricotta Cheese
- 12 oz (339g) mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 5 tbsp (36g) powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp (50g) Galbani Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
- Mix together the crust ingredients until well combined and press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Cover the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil to prepare it for a water bath.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F (148°C).
- In a large bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, mascarpone cheese, sugar and flour on low speed until combined and smooth. Be sure to use low speed to reduce the amount of air added to the batter, which can cause cracks, and to make sure you don’t over mix. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the cinnamon and vanilla extract and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing slowly to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure everything is well combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the crust and spread evenly.
- Place the springform pan inside another larger pan. Fill the outside pan with enough warm water to go about halfway up the sides of the springform pan. The water should not go above the top edge of the aluminum foil on the springform pan.
- Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is still jiggly when moved (but not liquidy).
- Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in oven with the door closed for 30 minutes. Do not open the door.
- Crack oven door and leave the cheesecake in the oven for another 30 minutes. This cooling process helps the cheesecake cool slowly to prevent cracks.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven, then remove the pan from the water bath and remove the aluminum foil. Refrigerate the cheesecake until completely cooled and firm, 6-7 hours or overnight.
- When the cheesecake is cooled and firm, remove it from the springform pan.
- To make the whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, ricotta cheese and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the whipped cream on top of the cheesecake, then sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and a little additional powdered sugar, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cheesecake is best for 3-4 days.
Source : https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/2016/12/14/cannoli-cheesecake/