- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 1/2 T Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 T mayonnaise
- 1/2 t freshly ground pepper
- 2 T minced fresh chives
- 2 t finely minced shallots
- 1 1/2 T coarsely chopped capers (I didn't rinse and dry mine, but you may prefer to)
- 1 t grated lemon zest
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place in a bowl. Set aside the whites to be filled later.
- Add the mustard, mayonnaise, pepper, chives (leave just a few to garnish with), shallots, capers and lemon zest to the yolks. Mash together with a fork until the yolk mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Spoon 1 heaping teaspoonful of the yolk mixture into each egg-white half, mounding it slightly.
- Cover and chill for an hour and serve within 4 hours.
Source : http://whoneedsacape.com/2013/11/caper-lemon-deviled-eggs/