Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 45 mins
Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
Insanely delicious this CARROT CAKE MONKEY BREAD is so easy and loaded with shredded carrots, coconut, pecans and drizzled with cream cheese frosting.
Course: Breakfast, Dessert, Side Dish
Calories: 240 kcal
- 3 cans Pillsbury Grands!™ Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened coocnut
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- cream cheese frosting that came with the Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine shredded carrots, coconut and sugar, toss to combine.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from their packing. Completely unroll the cinnamon rolls with the cinnamon side facing up.
- Evenly spread the shredded carrot and coconut mixture on top of the cinnamon rolls. Roll the cinnamon rolls back up, like pictured above.
- Place the cinnamon rolls in the bundt pan, laying on their side and placing side by side, see image above if you have any questions on this.
- In a small microwavable mixing bowl combine butter, brown sugar and honey. Heat for 1 minute, remove and stir to combine. Place back in the microwave and heat another minute, stir to combine.
- Pour honey and butter mixture evenly over the rolls.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- If the top of the monkey bread starts to brown just place a piece of foil over the top to prevent any burning.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Toast coconut by placing on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly on pan and place in oven on a low broil. Broil until it starts to become a light golden brown. Watch closely so that you don't burn it.
- Take all 3 of the cream cheese icings that came with the Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls and combine this in a small bowl. I like to add 1 teaspoon of almond extract to the icing and stir to combine.
- Gently push a rubber spatula or butter knife down the sides and the center of the bundt pan to loosen the monkey bread from the sides of the pan.
- Invert the bread onto a plate.
- Heat cream cheese icing for 30-45 seconds to make it a little runny, pour over monkey bread and sprinkle with toasted coconut and pecans. Serve immediately or save for later.
Source : https://www.dashofsanity.com/carrot-cake-monkey-bread/