This Charred Lemon, Rosemary and Coriander Gin & Tonic is something special! The flavours are so perfectly balanced and it makes a very beautiful start to the evening
- 1 lemon
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1/2 tsp coriander seed
- 125 ml /4oz/1/2 cup gin
- 1 cup ice
- 330 ml /11oz/1 1/3 cups tonic water
- pinch mixed peppercorns
- Put a cast iron fry pan or heavy non-stick pan over a high heat and allow it to get hot.
- Cut the lemon into quarters and place them cut side down in the hot pan. Once the lemon is charred turn to char the other cut edge.
- Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
- put the rosemary, coriander seeds and gin into a cocktail shaker or measuring jug.
- Use a wooden spoon to lightly bash the aromatics.
- Divide the ice between two large round bottomed glasses.
- Strain the gin into your glasses.
- Top up with tonic water, stir briefly and add in your charred lemon quarters.
- Serve immediately with a small pinch of whole peppercorns.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan