Looking for an easy but delicious dinner? Then you've come to the right place. Cheesy spinach stuffed shells are so easy to make that anyone can make them. If your family is a fan of pasta dishes as much as mine then you have got to give this a try.
Prep Time 45 min
Cook Time 30 min
Total Time 1 hr, 15
- 20 jumbo shells (about 1/2 of a box)
- 24 oz jar of favorite pasta sauce
- 1 15 oz container of ricotta
- 1 15 oz container of small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups fresh chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided into 1/2 cups
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta shells al dente and let cool. *You may want to cook a few extra, sometimes a couple will fall apart while cooking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- While pasta is cooking and cooling chop your spinach.
- Combine ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 c mozzarella cheese, chopped spinach, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13 dish with 1 cup of pasta sauce.
- Once the shells have cooled and are easy to handle start spooning the mixture into each shell and place in your 9x13 dish.
- When you have finished with all 20 or so shells pour the remaining jar of pasta sauce over the top of the shells and top with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, or more if you like
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes at 375. Then, uncover shells and bake for 10 additional minutes.
Source : https://thefrugalsisters.com/cheesy-stuffed-shells/