CHICKEN FRIED STEAK WITH COUNTRY GRAVY
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 1 loving cup + iv tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher tabular array salt as well as Earth dark pepper
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg
- 1/4 loving cup water
- 4 cube steaks (or circular steaks pounded sparse amongst a meat tenderizer)
- 1 1/2 cups depression sodium chicken broth
- 1 loving cup milk
- Heat ii tablespoons olive crude oil as well as 1 tablespoon butter inwards a large non-stick skillet over medium rut until ripples start out to form.
- While the crude oil heats, whisk 1 loving cup flour, onion powder, paprika, cayenne, tabular array salt as well as pepper together inwards a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg as well as water.
- Season the steaks amongst tabular array salt as well as pepper. Dredge 1 steak inwards the flour mixture, thus the egg as well as thus dorsum inwards the flour mixture to coat.
- Add the steak to the skillet.
- Repeat amongst the remaining steaks adding to a greater extent than crude oil equally needed. Work inwards batches if necessary equally to non overcrowd the pan. (Overcrowding volition drive the steaks to steam as well as the coating volition non larn crisp.)
- Cook the steaks for three to iv minutes or until crisp as well as golden brown. Flip the steaks as well as proceed cooking for an additional iv minutes until golden.
- Transfer the steaks to a platter or baking canvas as well as encompass amongst foil to maintain warm.
- Add the remaining butter to the skillet as well as sprinkle amongst the remaining flour. Whisk together inwards the pan as well as compass until golden.
- Slowly whisk inwards the chicken stock as well as proceed cooking until thickened.
- Stir inwards the milk until smoothen as well as commencement to thicken. Season amongst tabular array salt as well as pepper to taste.
- Serve the steaks forthwith amongst the gravy.