A favorite fall sweet treat transformed into a healthy little energy bite.
Servings: 12 -14
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- ½ cup pitted dates
- 1 cup dried apples not freeze dried, these are the chewy ones
- ½ cup uncooked oats
- Pretzel sticks cut straws, or appetizer picks
- 1 oz. high quality dark chocolate
- a few tablespoons chopped pecans optional
- Combine the dates, dried apples, and oats in a food processor or high powered blender and process until it forms a thick paste.
- Using about a tablespoon of the mixture, roll into balls. Press a pretzel stick, straw, or appetizer pick into each ball and stand up each ball.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
- Dip each ball into melted chocolate, and, if desired, chopped peanuts, then set on wax paper to cool and harden.
- Store in an airtight container.
Source : https://cupcakesandkalechips.com/chocolate-dipped-caramel-apple-energy-balls/