Total Time: 10m
Yield: 5 servings
- 1 red bell pepper, raw or roasted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup raw cashews or macadamias
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast or Parmesan cheese, such as vegan parma (28g)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 10 oz pasta, or spaghetti squash or vegetables
- optional grilled or roasted veggies, beans, etc.
- Place the nuts in a cereal bowl, cover with water, and let sit 6-8 hours.
- Drain fully, and pat dry. Blend all ingredients (including 1/2 cup water) except pasta and optional veggies in a food processor or high-powered blender until completely smooth.
- Heat sauce in a pot until desired temperature is reached while cooking pasta in salted water according to package directions in a separate pot.
- Drain pasta fully, but do not rinse. Pour the sauce over the pasta, season with salt and pepper as desired, and stir in cooked vegetables, beans, or other add-ins if desired.
*If you increase the water to 1 cup, the sauce also makes a really nice and creamy soup.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2017/01/12/red-pepper-alfredo-pasta-recipe/