PREP TIME:5 MINUTESCOOK TIME:6 HOURSTOTAL TIME:6 HOURS 5 MINUTES
A simple and what could be the easiest recipe for a classic comfort food. Minimal ingredients and minimal effort make this mama happy!
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups water
- 4 tbsps Better Than Boullion Beef (I like lots, taste and adjust)
- 2 tsps thyme
- 12 Croutons or melba rounds (or french bread)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- Optional: parmesan cheese
- Add the 5 onions to the Crockpot, along with the water, bay leaf, boullion base and thyme. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low on 8-10 hours.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Ladle the soup into french onion soup bowls and place on a baking sheet.
- Top each bowl with a slice of a dried baguette (or croutons) and a handful of mozzarella cheese and optionional parmesan.
- Broil until cheese is bubbly and brown
Source : https://www.thebewitchinkitchen.com/french-onion-soup/