yield: 12-15 SERVINGS
- 2 1/4 cups (302g) graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp (39g) sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (112g) salted butter, melted
- 24 ounces (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (173g) sour cream, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 large apples, chopped
- 1/4 cup (56g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- sprinkle of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (120ml)caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/4 cup (29g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Grease a 9×13 pan.
- Combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F (148°C).
- In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese, sugar and flour on low speed until well completely combined and smooth. Be sure to use low speed to reduce the amount of air added to the batter, which can cause cracks. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla extract and cinnamon and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing slowly to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure everything is well combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan with the crust and spread evenly.
- Bake the cheesecake for 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door closed for 20 minutes.
- Crack the door of the oven, with the cheesecake inside, for 15 minutes. This slow cooling process helps prevent the cheesecake from cracking.
- Put the cheesecake in the fridge to cool completely, 3-4 hours.
- To make the apples for the top of the cheesecake, add the chopped apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice to a pan. Stir together until apples are well coated.
- Cook apples on medium heat until at desired tenderness, about 10 minutes.
- Allow the apples to cool for a minute, then spread evenly over the cooled cheesecake.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the top of the cheesecake, then serve.
- If you’d like to serve the cheesecake with the whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form. Serve with the cheesecake slices.
Source : https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/2017/09/13/easy-caramel-apple-cheesecake/