A cornbread recipe that is sweet, moist and super easy to make. You might even say, the best cornbread ever!
Course Side Dish
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Cook Time 45 Minutes
- 1 Cup cornmeal
- 3 Cups flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 Cup butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 1/2 Cups milk
- Measure and add the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk or sift together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the vegetable oil, melted butter, honey, eggs, and milk.
- Stir the wet ingredients and dry ingredients together, just until moistened. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9x13 pan and bate at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Cover the pan loosely with foil for the last 10 minutes to prevent over-browning.
- Serve with butter and a drizzle of honey.
Source : http://mommymouseclubhouse.com/recipe/sweet-moist-cornbread/