Best, easy, vegan strawberry cheesecake! Refined sugar free, paleo, raw, creamy, healthy, and addictive! This dairy free cheesecake will fool you into believing it’s not healthy! So rich and soft with fresh fruit flavor and and incredibly creamy texture!
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk Use the solid "cream" part of the coconut milk that has surfaced to the top. Do not use the liquid. Make sure it's room temp.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup Room temp.
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk Room temp.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup medjool dates
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- In a food processor, combine the ingredients for the crust until the dough sticks together and is mostly smooth. Don't over blend it! The crust is better when it is slightly coarse in texture.
- Line an 8" by 8" baking dish with parchment paper. Press the crust dough into the baking dish then set aside.
- Begin by soaking the cashews in boiling water for about 1 hour until they are soft. Once the cashews are soft, drain the water.
- In a food processor, blend the cashews until they become a pulp.
- Heat the maple syrup and coconut oil on the stove to room temperature. Then slowly incorporate the warm maple syrup and melted coconut oil into the cashews while blending. Puree this mixture until completely smooth!
- Heat both coconut milks to room temperature (If they were refrigerated). Then combine with the cashew mixture.
- Add the vanilla and salt to the filling and finish blending until 100% smooth. Then pour the filling over the crust.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the strawberry preserves until they become a bright red liquid.
- To make the swirls, pour four diagonal lines of strawberry liquid across the cheesecake. Then take a toothpick and drag it vertically across the top of the cheesecake. As you do this, it will drag the strawberry preserves into a retro pattern.
- Freeze the cheesecake until it is solid. It will still be soft enough to eat, so you don't have to worry about over freezing it. Freezing times vary depending on the type of freezer, but I recommend freezing it for 3-5 hours.
Source : https://paleoglutenfree.com/recipes/easy-vegan-strawberry-cheesecake/