Fajita chicken, peppers and onions with lots of melted cheese, all stuffed inside a roll.
Course Main Course
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 sandwiches
Calories 495 kcal
Author Dinner at the Zoo
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups of mixed sliced peppers (I used red, yellow and orange bell peppers as well as a poblano pepper)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 14 ounces of Foster Farms Sauté Ready fajita marinated chicken 1/2 bag
- 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 4 in sandwich rolls cut half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro optional
- lime wedges for serving optional
- Pour the olive oil into a large pan and place it over medium high heat. Add the onions and peppers and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables have started to soften
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is browned and cooked through. Stir in the lime juice.
- Preheat the broiler. Divide the chicken and pepper mixture evenly over the rolls and top each sandwich with 1/4 cup cheese. Place on a baking sheet and broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with chopped cilantro if desired and serve immediately with lime wedges on the side if using.
Source : https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/fajita-chicken-cheesesteak-sandwiches/