Ingredients for Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins:
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup milk (this recipe works with almond, soy and dairy milk, whichever you prefer)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed (optional)
- 2 cups of oats (rolled and quick oats work best)
- 3-4 Tbsp of chocolate chips
Instructions for Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins:
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Pour the milk and unsweetened applesauce to the bowl and whisk well until everything is fully combined.
- Add the the egg to the mixtures and whisk it in completely. Do the same with the baking powder and vanilla. You don’t want to be able to see any white bits.
- If you decide to use the ground flax, add it in now.
- Then mix in the oats and chocolate chips until everything is combined.
- Grab your muffin tins. For this recipe, the regular muffin pans work better than the silicone ones. Pre-heat the oven to 375 and grease your muffins pans. Fill each one about 3/4 of the way full. Put them in the oven for 23-25 minutes. You will know they are done when the bottoms are browned.
Source : https://www.thewritebalance.ca/easy-oatmeal-breakfast-muffins/