Beautiful, mild and refreshing drink to enjoy on these lazy summer days. This iced green tea is flavored with fresh, juicy peaches, fresh ginger, and honey.
Prep Time 2 hours
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
Servings 8 -10 cups
Author Lyuba Brooke
- 4 large peaches
- 1 tsp shaved fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 green tea bags
- 8-10 cups hot boiling water
- Bring water to a boil and take off heat.
- Pit and slice peaches. Add sliced peaches to the pitcher.
- Slice ginger as thin as possible and add it to the pitcher. (I usually freeze my ginger and it makes it easy to shave with a potato peeler. Plus it keeps much longer than in the fridge.)
- Drizzle honey into the pitcher.
- Add tea bags to the pitcher. (You can tie them on the handle to make it easier to take out once they're done steeping.)
- Add hot water to the pitcher. Carefully stir everything and steep for about 15 minutes. (Longer than usual steep time is recommended here because tea will be used as iced tea.)
- Take out tea bags and stir slowly.
- Let it cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until ready to serve.
Source : https://www.willcookforsmiles.com/2016/05/ginger-peach-and-honey-iced-green-tea.html