General Tso's Chicken is one of the most popular Chinese Food takeout dishes that is sweet, slightly spicy, and so easy to make at home! This healthier version made without breading has fewer calories but tastes as delicious as the fried original. Ready in less than 30 minutes and only 207 kcal per serving!
Course Main Course
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Calories 207 kcal
For the marinade
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cut into thin, bite-size pieces
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tsp hoisin sauce
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 4 tsp soy sauce
For the stir-fry
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 dried red chile (optional)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 scallion chopped
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch, salt, and white pepper. Sprinkle over the sliced chicken, tossing to coat, and let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, make the sauce by combining the ketchup, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, and soy sauce, and mix it well. Set the sauce aside.
- In a wok over medium-high heat, heat the peanut oil.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry in batches until fully cooked and slightly brown.
- Add the chile and pour in the sauce. Stir to coat the chicken in the sauce.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the dish to a serving plate. Garnish with the sesame seeds and chopped scallion.
Reprinted with permission from "The Healthy Wok Chinese Cookbook".
Source : https://platedcravings.com/general-tsos-chicken/